lundi 24 mai 2010

Et la lumière fut.

I needed a break from my M1, so I solved a mystery. Why didn't we have any explanation about the Doctor's regeneration in the first episode of the fifth season?
First theory= it is actually an old doctor (hence the bow tie) but we don't know it yet. Theory rejected when the Doctor says he knows River Song.
Second theory= he does not remember his last generation (since he doesn't speak about Rose, Martha or Donna), but he does remember the Weeping Angels.
Third theory= he does not trust Amy and tells her the least possible because he knows that she might turn bad (possible but there could be another explanation).
Fourth theory= there has been a change in the screenwriters (Doctor more angry at the Daleks without any reason, the Weeping Angels start killing instead of sending people back in time, just because they suddenly feel like it) and they are too lazy to find an explanation.
So I went to check wikipedia, and discovered that indeed the chief writer was gone, but that he had written special episodes before leaving. "The Waters of Mars" showed the Doctor's companion committing suicide and the Doctor thinking about doing the same, according to the summary. So...
Fifth theory= he killed himself but changed his mind at the last moment and regenerated.
But I kept reading and saw that the Doctor decided not to die at the end of the episode. So...
Sixth theory= he is going crazy, and the new powers of the Daleks or of the Weeping Angels, as well as Amy Pond ("like in fairy tales") are all in his mind.
But I kept reading, and saw that there was an episode entitled "The end of time", featuring the Master, the Time Lords and Donna's granddad, and I found a link on Youtube. I finally SAW the regeneration, and it is A LOT easier to accept all the changes now.
So THANK YOU, Youtube.

2 commentaires:

  1. Oh Good Lord, you missed this episode?! You missed this scene between Rose and the Doctor(s)?! You missed the curse put on Dona?! You missed...Ok, I stop.

    But really, you havent seen it?!

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I saw the last episode of season 4, but not the "special episode" with the Master, the Time Lords and Donna's granddad as the Doctor's companion. That's why I didn't understand the first scene of the first episode, or why there was a new Doctor in season 5! But now I'm all good :). I still think there is something weird with Amy Pond though, and I still disapprove the fact that the Weeping Angels can kill people. But Matt Smith was great during the regeneration scene.

    RépondreSupprimer